Replace What Was Lost with Partials and Dentures from Cottage Dental Care
We all do our best to keep our teeth in healthy shape. However, we are sometimes faced with the unfortunate scenario of losing teeth or needing to have teeth removed. However, just because you’re missing your original teeth doesn’t mean you need to go without a beautiful smile. With partials and dentures, you can replace lost teeth and ensure your mouth and jaw stay healthy for years to come.
What are Dentures and Partials?
Dentures are a removable replacement for patients missing their teeth. However, dentures aren’t only what you picture your grandmother keeping in a glass next to her nightstand. There are also options for partial dentures or “partials.” Partials are the same as dentures but differ in that they act as a replacement for a portion of your teeth, not your entire mouth.
Why Might You Need Dentures?
The good news is, with consistent dental care, your chances of ever needing dentures are incredibly low! However, dentures or partials might be the best option to restore your smile for those suffering from tooth decay or lost teeth in an accidental impact.
- Signs of Severe Tooth Decay
- The tell-tale signs of tooth decay can include chronic toothaches, swollen or bleeding gums, or loose teeth. And while we will first take steps to reverse tooth decay, if your teeth are too far gone, replacing them with partials or dentures is something worth considering.
- Chewing Problems or Indigestion
- If missing teeth in your mouth, it might be more difficult for you to chew food. This can put undue stress on your remaining teeth. Furthermore, if you cannot thoroughly chew your food, you might experience indigestion problems. Dentures or partials can take the place of missing teeth and help your issues with chewing.
- Knocked-Out Teeth
- While we do our best to protect our mouths, accidents can happen. A stray baseball or a fall down the stairs can sometimes lead to the loss of teeth. And if you are missing teeth, even if only one or two, this can cause issues with chewing, tooth decay, or insecurity. Partials, sometimes in combination with tooth implants, can rectify problems with missing teeth.
Other Services We Offer in Bloomington IL
When you visit us at Cottage Dental Care you can always expect us to deliver extraordinary dental care to you and your family. Through professional dedication and commitment to excellence, we have proven time and time again that we are the dental office Bloomington IL can count on. Here are some of the services we provide:
Oral DNA testing: We offer saliva testing for signs of periodontal disease and a mucosal viral infection known as HPV that could potentially lead to oral cancer.
Learn More About Partials and Dentures
Missing teeth are not only a detriment to your oral health but can be a hit to your confidence. To ensure you stay happy and healthy, consider partials and dentures from Cottage Dental Care. Contact us today at 309-228-9573 to request an appointment. Also, our office is located at 2206 Cottage Ave, Bloomington, IL 61701.