Decaying or Impacted Teeth Require Extractions with Cottage Dental
Have you noticed soreness in your mouth as of late? While there are several reasons why you might be feeling pain, often, the crux of that pain is centered around one or a few teeth. After visiting Cottage Dental Care, if you find your teeth indeed the source of hurt, it might be time to consider tooth extractions. Thankfully, Cottage Dental Care can help.
Why Might You Need an Extraction?
There are multiple reasons why a tooth extraction might be a necessary procedure. However, there’s no reason to worry about losing a tooth. Extraction is done to preserve the rest of your mouth, and we provide excellent options for replacement teeth after a successful extraction.
- Tooth Decay – You’ll find the most common reason you need an extraction is due to tooth decay. And tooth decay can occur for several reasons, but most primarily due to poor care or infrequent cleaning.
- Gum Disease – Gum disease or periodontal disease impacts your gums but can severely affect the structure of your teeth. If you allow gum disease to go too long without treatment, your teeth can become loose, and extraction might be necessary.
- Impacted Teeth – While teeth are coming in, some can get stuck below the gum line and grow in the wrong direction. One of the most common occurrences of impacted teeth is wisdom teeth. So they don’t continue to push against your other teeth, you need to have them removed.
- Overcrowded Teeth – For children, as teeth grow in, they can sometimes grow too close to each other (not all that different from impacted teeth). The solution to overcrowded teeth is to remove one tooth to allow the other teeth to continue to grow with the space they need.
- Broken Tooth – Often, we attempt other procedures to restore a broken tooth. However, for a tooth that breaks on or near the gum line, too much can be missing to restore what’s left. Thus, we can extract the tooth and provide a replacement.
Other Services We Offer in Bloomington IL
When you visit us at Cottage Dental Care you can always expect us to deliver extraordinary dental care to you and your family. Through professional dedication and commitment to excellence, we have proven time and time again that we are the dental office Bloomington IL can count on. Here are some of the services we provide:
Oral DNA testing: We offer saliva testing for signs of periodontal disease and a mucosal viral infection known as HPV that could potentially lead to oral cancer.
Learn More About Extractions
Tooth extraction can be necessary for your mouth, so to preserve the health of your remaining teeth. For advice on how you can continue to care for your teeth, what an extraction entails, and the following steps to crafting replacement teeth, give Cottage Dental Care a call today. You can contact us at 309-828-1463 to request an appointment. Also, our office is located at 2206 Cottage Ave, Bloomington, IL 61701.