Do You Need Dentures in Bloomington IL?
If so, come to your trusted providers of dentures in the community: Cottage Dental Care, the Office of Dennis R. Krug, D.D.S. We are specialists in the creation and maintenance of partials and dentures. If you have loose or painful teeth, this is often caused by advanced periodontal disease, which leads to bone loss. If not treated in time, your teeth may have to be removed since there is not enough bone to support them. Removing your teeth and replacing them with a denture or partial is the best course of action in this case. So, if you need dentures in Bloomington IL, call Cottage Dental today.
Tooth removal and the application of dentures is the only way to eliminate the infection caused by periodontal disease and restore the health of your mouth. Dentures can also replace already existing missing teeth to restore the full function of all of your teeth. Sometimes, implants can be used in conjunction with dentures for a better fit.
Types of Partials and Dentures
Partial dentures are an option available to you if you still have some natural teeth left and wish to keep them intact. Complete dentures are necessary if you have lost all your teeth or if teeth must be removed to maintain your dental health. Here are the many types of partials and dentures Bloomington IL patients can choose from:
- Removable Partial Dentures: These devices comprise artificial teeth connected to a gum-colored plastic, held in place by a metal framework.
- Fixed Partials: Known for their ability to prevent natural teeth from shifting, this bridge is attached to crowns on natural teeth and then cemented into place.
- Precision Partials: These are bound to the teeth by internal attachments, making this removable solution look the most natural.
- Immediate Complete Dentures: This is a ready-to-wear option used by patients who are in the process of healing from extraction surgery. They must be fitted and adjusted a few times to achieve maximum comfort. Immediate dentures are a temporary solution, just like their name suggests. Conventional dentures must be considered as soon as the healing process is done.
- Conventional Complete Dentures: Once all teeth have been removed and the mouth has had time to heal, it’s time to try complete dentures. The teeth can be formed from acrylic or porcelain, with the ability to place complete dentures two to three months after tooth removal.
Other Services We Offer
In addition to dentures, we offer these services:
- Teeth cleanings
- Digital x-rays
- Teeth whitening
- Same-day crowns
- Smile makeovers
- Root canals
- Scaling and root planings
- Sealants and fluoride
- Two periodontal disease tests called MyPerioPath and MyPerioID PST
- OralRisk HPV test, which screens for a mucosal viral infection called HPV
Contact Cottage Dental Care for Dentures in Bloomington IL
To schedule your appointment for dentures in Bloomington, contact us at 309-228-9575, email us at our office at email@example.com or complete our online form. We are located in Bloomington at 2206 Cottage Avenue.